Public Radios

There are many public radios playing classical music in Southern California. I know at least three of them. And there are many others which play world music, Jazz music, and alternative music.
Sometimes I thing if we had such radio stations in Iran political future of the country would have changed much faster and more effective than now. I am sure there are many "Ansaar" who will be moved and changed by hearing a piece of good music, and they can't be the same person again.
I remember the time I used to teach in Bahman Art Center in southern Tehran. There was a Piano teacher there -who had got her PhD in Music from a school in Austria- whose especiality was teaching music to children. She was there from 8a.m. to 8p.m. teaching piano to the poor children of "koshtaar-gaah," those who never had a chance to learn piano or even listen to a piece of music. I think that woman did more changes in Iranian political system than any opposition groups outside the country.

Popular Posts