El Kabong and Tennessee Tuxedo

Tennessee Tuxedo

The Eyranian has posted something about Tennessee Tuxedo and El Kabong.

As a child I loved both Tennessee Tuxedo and El Kabong.
I remember the first time I heard about "Thanksgiving" was in Tennessee Tuxedo. I remember watching Tarzan, and King Kong. I remember Superman, Batman, and Spiderman and the "Metropolis" they were living in. I remember watching High Chaparral, The Streets of San Francisco, Baretta, and Lieutenant Columbo. I remember watching Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons. I remember saying good night to my brother every night the same way The Waltons used to do at the end of every episode:
- Good Night John Boy.
- Good Night Mary Ellen.
By age ten I knew more about America than any average American knows about the whole world in his whole life. It is so funny when you hear the US government wants to fund some programs "to inform the people of the Middle East about the United States." Maybe that money should be spent here in the US to inform the American people about the world that exists outside this realm of gas stations and shopping centers. There should be other ways for learning how to pronounce the names of foreign countries other than hearing the news about bombarding them.

Comment on my own post:
Moral of the story: Tennessee Tuxedo unites people. Bombs don't.

Popular Posts